Wednesday, June 13, 2007

New experiment I love making stencils but sometimes it becomes a headache because i have to work with temporary connections taped together on the stencil or else my drawing just falls apart. I have used the laquer thinner methode for some of my projects, but for some reason i can't find the right thinner anymore in the shops...none of them work with my lasercopies! My hands are itching to make something new, so i had a look at a few screen printing tutorials and found an easy home made version for my project. Instead of "printing with ink" i just prepared my screen with very strong white glue and used spray paints...and it worked! All that is left to do is find out how to keep the keep the paint on the fabric and test it out on a piece of clothing. ( to be continued!)

5 comments:

plasticpumpkin said...

Looking great! Your stencils are very innovative and they inspire me to get back into making them by hand. :-)

Feltland said...

Hi Yasmin,
Hope you don't mind but I've tagged you (thought it'd be a good way to show our group). Please visit my blog for details and then choose 5 etsy sellers to continue the game.
Thanks.

Michy Moo said...

hi yasmin, you´ve been tagged. Visit my blog michymooshandbag.blogspot.com and read 5 facts about me. Then write 5 facts on your blog and tag 5 europian etsians.

Unknown said...

its getting boring, sorry:
Hi,
I've just tagged you - hope you don't mind. I thought it would be a good way for showing our European Street Team to the world. Please take a look at my blog and select 5 etsy sellers for the game. Hope you go on with it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'll be keen to see where you go with this clever idea - it's looking good so far!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails